[Dragaera] Seventeen Maybe Different Jhegaala Spoilers

Mark Mandel cracksandshards at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 18:49:50 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:30 AM, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> 12. I don't understand how the text snippets get into the Text if
> Vlad is reading into a box.  Do the Six Parts Water bits reflect Vlad's
> memory of relevant moments from the play, hence the reference
> to "merchant" at the end?  AFT, maybe this is a hallucinatory link.

They're added by Brust the
translator<http://www.cracksandshards.com/cracks.html#Brusts>,
possibly in line with the equivalent of marginal notes by Vlad: "By the way,
the mannerist murder comedy I was thinking of was Miersen's 'Six Parts
Water'" -- which Brust the T then finds a copy of. Ditto for Oscaani.

I really oughtta rent "The Thin Man" and the other Nick and Nora Charles
movies.

Mark A. Mandel, proprietor, Cracks and Shards
http://www.cracksandshards.com
a Steven Brust fan website