[Dragaera] Alexx's Jhegaala thoughts

Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Sun Jul 27 17:26:35 PDT 2008

Alexx Kay wrote:
>  Obviously, massive spoilers:
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 16
> 17
>

>  Vlad spends much of this narrative withholding information from the
> reader, and occasionally outright lying -- in order to protect his
> family.
[interesting line of reasoning snipped]

Whether or not this is what SKZB intended, it sounds good to me, and I
would really like to hear more about Vlad's experiences in Fenario (the
city), preferably meeting his surviving Merss cousins. In fact, I'm
inclined to think that much of my lukewarm feeling about _Jhegaala_
could be remedied by re-exploring some of these events in some volume
between _Jhegaala_ and _Athyra_, with reinterpretations as Vlad's
perspective changes. Could be a subject for _Lyorn_, perhaps. Or,
depending on the sequence of events, _Chreotha_. ;)

--
Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood
Support Steven Brust! Buy T-Shirts and books from these links, and all