[Dragaera] Jhegaala crack (spoiler)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 22:58:06 PDT 2008

.

Jhegaala p. 41.
    "And if a Jhereg--or any Dragaeran--showed up, he'd stand out like Dzur
Mountain. I'd once been told that my friend Morrolan had been raised
somewhere in human lands, and hadn't known he was Dragaeran--just thought he
was a very tall human. I'd never asked him if it were true, but I didn't
believe it; the differences were too obvious. No, if a Jhereg showed up in
town, I'd know it."

Issola p. 104-5.
    "Before he knew who he was?"
    "Before he knew he was human."
    I blinked. "I think you're going to have to explain that."
    "I didn't realize you didn't know," said Teldra. "Certainly it is no
secret."
    "All right."
    "The Lord Morrolan was brought to the East, beyond his ancestral
homelands, as an infant, just around the time of Adron's Disaster. His
parents didn't survive, so he was raised by Easterners. He grew up thinking
he was simply an extraordinarily tall Easterner."
    "You're kidding!"
    "No, my lord."
    "Well I'll be--really? He really thought he was human? I mean,
Easterner?"
    She nodded.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the
right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.