[Dragaera] Houses in U.S. politics

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 12 14:39:03 PDT 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Maximilian Wilson wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Hmm, even though I think the jhereg lifestyle is very relevant
>> here I'm going to not weigh in to avoid offending those
>> list readers whose politics are very different from mine.
>
> While I can respect that desire, weren't Houses invented by SKZB in
> the first place as a way of poking fun at different personalities? The
> varying reactions to the Georgian-Russian war are illuminating IMHO.

Can't see partisans of group X shrugging off a comment that their party
is essentially run as a technically legal but actually criminal operation,
even though the comment references SKZB's intentions, or even His own
political views.

Anyway, I would have guessed that SKZB (and the guy He routinely thanks
for setting up much of the world's basics) had in mind exploration more
than mockery.