[Dragaera] possible influence on the development of Kragar

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Tue Aug 26 04:31:13 PDT 2008

Michael Wojcik wrote:

> On the other hand, it's not so odd an idea that it couldn't
>easily have been invented independently.

Reminds me of the protagonist of Heinlein's =Double Star=, who assumes
the mien of a very unassuming stage character early in the book who also
gets overlooked (& is a serial killer, too).

>Another somewhat similar character is Matt Keller, the protagonist of
>Larry Niven's _A Gift from Earth_ (1970), who possesses a mutation
>that causes other people to temporarily fail to notice him, even to
>the extent of forgetting he exists.

Keller can also cause people to become intensely aware of & attracted to
him--the flip side of his gift.  Be interesting if Kragar ever could do
that (-:

Snarkhunter