[Dragaera] If the Vlad books were made into a movie...

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Sep 23 09:15:33 PDT 2008

> On 9/23/2008 Scott Schultz wrote:
>>  Just to be clear, by "person", I meant "human", not "extra-planar
>>  pan-dimensional being". Granted, that Sethra's actually undead now,
>>  but that
>>  seems to have been a recent event ("recent" being measured against
>>  her lifespan).
>
> When and how did she die and become undead?    What is the difference
> between her before and after this event?
>
> Any guesses?

Some textev.  FHYA, p.58, "...when she was Warlord during the Dragon Reign
in the Fourteenth Cycle she was a living woman, but that when the Lavode
Scandal broke, she was in fact undead, and had been for some hundreds of
years. How did she die, how she was reanimated, and how did she manage the
deceit for so long? These are not questions we can answer."  From various
references, I have dated the Lavode Scandal to about 750 years before the
Interregnum, but that is an imprecise estimate.  So she died somewhere
between about 1,000 BI and 51,000 BI.  Given that she was born before the
formation of the Empire, some hundreds of thousands of years ago, this
would qualify as "recent" on the scale of her life.

In PotD the Lords of Judgement talk about having let her leave the Paths,
but, this being Paarfi speculation, is not as definitive as it might be.

Alexx
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
  -- James Nicoll