[Dragaera] If the Vlad books were made into a movie...

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 23 09:22:09 PDT 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Alexx Kay wrote:

> Some textev.  FHYA, p.58, "...when she was Warlord during the Dragon Reign
> in the Fourteenth Cycle she was a living woman, but that when the Lavode
> Scandal broke, she was in fact undead, and had been for some hundreds of
> years. How did she die, how she was reanimated, and how did she manage the
> deceit for so long? These are not questions we can answer."

The claim she was alive in the 14th cycle is the kind of thing one can't
trust with Sethra - maybe the aliveness-testing tech hadn't caught up to
her.  I would guess that she was in fact undead at the time of the Lavode
Scandal.  But the above might just be a wry comment by her - the "so long"
might really be long.