[Dragaera] If the Vlad books were made into a movie...

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Thu Sep 25 15:37:05 PDT 2008

> I'm not going to speculate about the lifespans of Serioli either.

Unfounded speculation is one of a reader's inalienable rights. I'm pretty
sure that's in the Constitution some place. ;-P

Yes, we have no hard factual details about Serioli, Cat-Centaurs, or much of
anything else in the world outside of the Empire. I'm not even certain I
could describe a Serioli, despite having "met" one in _Dragon_. Heck, we've
met plenty of Chreotha craftsmen, but I'm not sure that I could tell you
what the physical characteristics of their House are, except that the
characters in the stories seem to be able to discern them.

I don't see the harm in filling in the blanks as you please, as long as you
don't start insisting that your imaginary version of the world is somehow
more legitimate than some else's imaginary version of the world. "Barring
evidence to the contrary", means just that. Until Steve finds a reason to
enlighten us about details like the lifespan of an average Serioli or
Cat-Centaur or even a Jenoine, feel free to imagine them in whatever fashion
makes you comfortable and brings you pleasure. It's not like it matters,
unless you start writing it into the Lyorn Records as fact when it's just
speculation.

Heck, start a debate about the lifespan of Serioli. Maybe Steve will find a
story seed in it. ;-) A certain amount of speculation about the grey areas
in the world is a healthy part of the story development eco-system, IMO.