[Dragaera] Some speculation on Spellbreaker

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 14:28:15 PDT 2008

From: Michael Wojcik <mwojcik at newsguy.com>

> Yes. I think this makes a good narrative basis for everything we know
> about the Jenoine. My guess is that it went something like this:
>
> - Long ago, the Jenoine discover amorphia on Dragaera, and decide to
> study it.

I am utterly unconvinced that the Jenoine came to Dragaera to study amorphia.

If they had, then I think they would have a better understanding of it now, and would have had a better strategy for dealing with the Lords of Judgment than tapping the lesser sea.

I think it's far more likely that the very first amorphia on Dragaera was created by Vera (and possibly others who became Gods) and its creation was critical not only in their destruction (as Sethra indicates in /Issola/) but was also put to use to prevent their return (likely it was Vera or the other Gods who aided Zerika I in the creation of the Orb).

The Jenoine, from available evidence, came to Dragaera to study humans, and their psychic abilities, and in the process created the Dragaerans. Who knows how long this process lasted? But it apparently took quite a long time, and created countless tribes of Dragaerans. If the Jenoine had had access to amorphia for all this time, you would think that they would understand it better, and have no problem wielding it against those who now protect Dragaera from their influence.

Amorphia is the reason they left, not the reason they came.