[Dragaera] Jenoine, Humans, Gods-To-Be, Amorphia, Great Weapons, Barrett, and Various Combinations Thereof

Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Tue Sep 30 06:44:19 PDT 2008

I could go with most of this, but I'm not so convinced about Chaz. I'm
more inclined to think that he was another of the Jenoine's renegade
servants, or possibly another test subject. (The disagreement between
Chaz and Sethra about which is older might be partially due to a
non-linear perception of time reminiscent of the Gods and the Serioli.
Maybe Chaz was something of an attempt to infuse Serioli genes into a
human?)

Also, I think this doesn't quite cover the obsession the Gods have with
the Cycle. I still think the Cycle is being used as a power source by
the Gods for something. But in reference to the rest of this theory,
that "something" could be containing the Greater Sea of Chaos. (I think
the Lesser Sea is being contained by Adron.)

Finally, regarding Morganti weapons, I believe one of the theories we
are given is that the Serioli developed them as a way to end war, by
making it too terrible to contemplate. (Worked for them, didn't work for
humans and Dragaerans.) This implies that the Serioli have souls that
normally reincarnate (or do something else funky with respect to time,
which the Serioli seem to experience differently than humans). I wonder
if humans and Dragaerans get their reincarnation from Serioli genes as
part of the Jenoine meddling, or if humans reincarnated even before the
Jenoine came along? I had the impression that the Serioli had created
Morganti weapons before humanity arrived on their world; after the
Jenoine arrived, performed experiments, and were evicted by Verra and
the other gods, the Great Weapons were created, using an amplified
version of the same technique. Do we know for certain that all the Great
Weapons were created by the Serioli? Godslayer and Pathfinder seem to
have been, but that's not definitive.

One other thing we know about the Jenoine: they don't seem to use the
dimensions of space that we use, but rather they have different layers
of reality in the same area of what we would call space (i.e., they move
through one or more different dimensional directions). I don't know what
bearing this might have on the rest of the speculation, except that
whatever direction(s) they're moving in, amorphia doesn't seem to come
from there, or they wouldn't keep trying to come back to Dragaera to get
some.

--
Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood
Support Steven Brust!