[Dragaera] Jenoine, Humans, Gods-To-Be, Amorphia, Great Weapons, Barrett, and Various Combinations Thereof

Ray Lee ray at madrabbit.org
Wed Oct 1 01:22:33 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> Ray Lee wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood
>> <dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org> wrote:
>>

>>>  (The disagreement between Chaz and Sethra
>>> about which is older might be partially due to a non-linear perception of
>>> time reminiscent of the Gods and the Serioli.
>>>

>> Simpler explanation: We know Sethra takes 'Time Outs' from reality and
>> goes back to be part of the rock of Dzur Mountain.
>
> Do we know this? Certainly, she makes a comment that might be interpreted
> this way in /Issola/, but it is said in a way that is almost certainly
> facetious, and seems to imply that while her origins are "the rock of Dzur
> Mountain", that her return there would likely be only in the event of her
> final demise.
>
> At least, that is how I read the passage.

Maybe so. I didn't read it as origins, but rather "been there once,
want to go back again". Also, it could explain the left ear.

I hold SKZB does nothing without a reason in these books, and it seems
odd that Vlad and Loiosh would have a conversation about it later if
it were just a facetious comment, given Steve's writing proclivities.
I won't hold too tightly to the interpretation, though -- it's
certainly all speculation.