[Dragaera] Vlad and the Undead

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Wed Oct 1 08:00:33 PDT 2008

Philip Hart wrote:

> That would mean that anyone not taking the long trip would be
> essentially destroyed at death.  Vlad has dumped a few corpses in the
> sea but reported no compunction.  It's hard to imagine that Kieron and
> Co. managed to get themselves dumped off from all the way across the
> Empire - how did their souls survive?  What's the fate
> of drowned sailors?  Teckla?
>
>> The soul only goes to the Paths to be judged if the person's body is
>> carried to Deathgate. Otherwise, after three days, the soul leaves
>> the body and goes to the "Plane of Waiting Souls" to be reborn.
>
> Assuming we believe Vlad, what's the difference?  The PoWS is first
> come first served?  Lottery-based?  And how does Kieron end up in the
> Paths?

The difference is, the souls are not "destroyed". They reincarnate.

I do not know the answers to your other questions. Though, on the last
point, it would seem likely to me that there would still be enough
people around who venerated Kieron after his death at the hands of his
Shamans that he would be afforded a trip to Deathgate with full honors.

Those who murdered Ceasar gave him a nice funeral.