[Dragaera] Vlad and the Undead

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Oct 1 08:21:33 PDT 2008

On 10/1/2008 Jon Lincicum wrote:
>  The difference is, the souls are not "destroyed". They reincarnate.

On Earth, the concept that you or I might be reincarnated is pretty
meaningless.   It's kind of like recycling.   Our undetectable souls are
used to create a completely different person.   We have more and more
evidence that we are largely a product of the way our brains are wired,
and brains start over with each incarnation.

Dragaera isn't subject to the limits of reality - it is fantasy.   And
we have seen that there is at least one ability that can be passed with
the soul.   And we can infer that some personality traits or at least
war making skills can also be passed.   I suppose there might be some
kind of population control if souls have to exist for each infant born.
We don't really know what happens when a soul gets passed to an Easterner.

What else does reincarnation mean in Dragaera?