[Dragaera] Deathgate

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Oct 1 10:28:43 PDT 2008

Philip Hart wrote:
> Decataractate, maybe, or supercateractate.  Kieron is murdered by a group
> of Lyorns, right?  They aren't going to be interested seeing him be
> accorded the honor of going to Deathsgate, I would guess.

In our world, a lot of people want to be buried in consecrated ground.
But obviously the churches cannot sell a plot on the basis that it is
needed for one to be saved.   We can't condemn those who die at sea, for
instance.

Deathsgate may give an advantage, maybe it speeds resurrection up.   But
foreign wars and sailing would be much less popular if resurrection was
less likely if the body didn't make it to Deathsgate.