[Dragaera] Loraan's Motives

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 1 17:21:32 PDT 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Alexx Kay wrote:

> Shortly after the events of _Taltos_, Loraan turns up undead.  He tries to
> bring Imperial charges against Morollan, as a thief and murderer.  He
> wants revenge, and he wants the return of his stolen property.
>
> Revenge, at least in any direct way, proves impractical; Morrolan has too
> much power, in every sense, to be attacked.  True, he committed crimes,
> but Zerika likely pardons him, since his various gambles paid off in
> restoring Aliera to life. Of the two stolen artifacts, one no longer
> exists.  All this, Loraan must accept, albeit grudgingly.

I don't think that this is needed by your hypothetical; and I don't think
it's at all plausible.  Loraan is in no position to ask anything from the
Empire.  The only reason he's still alive after _TEoDM_ is that M never
had a good excuse to risk bearding him in his den.

He may not even have standing to sue as an undead.