[Dragaera] Dragaera Timeline question

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Sun Oct 12 09:48:07 PDT 2008

>> I'm amazed by the Dragaera timeline at
>> http://www.panix.com/~alexx/dragtime.html; it's astoundingly
>> detailed and complete.  I'm wondering about one entry, though:
>>
>>     Ibronka dies (Tk 156).
>>
>> I've got Teckla in front of me; it's not the same pagination,
>> but I've found
>>
>>   Kelly incarcerated (Tk 156).
>>
>> and I don't see anything nearby to that which seems to refer
>> to Ibronka.  Moreover, Paarfi says at the end of Sethra
>> Lavode, written long after any this, that she and Piro are
>> still living.  What am I missing?
>
> I believe the Ibronka referred to in /Teckla/ is Vlad's grandmother
> (presumably an Easterner), who died in the Revolt of 221.
>
> Bryan

Bryan is correct.  I think when I wrote that section, there was only one
character using the name Ibronka.  I did get the page reference wrong on
that, though; it's on p. 160 of my edition.  Will both correct and clarify
in the next edit pass.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Alexx

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer
 but wish we didn't."            -- Erica Jong