[Dragaera] Dragaera Timeline question

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 10:38:59 PDT 2008

Bryan Newell wrote:
>> I'm amazed by the Dragaera timeline at
>> http://www.panix.com/~alexx/dragtime.html; it's astoundingly
>> detailed and complete.  I'm wondering about one entry, though:
>>
>>     Ibronka dies (Tk 156).
>>
>> I've got Teckla in front of me; it's not the same pagination,
>> but I've found
>>
>>   Kelly incarcerated (Tk 156).
>>
>> and I don't see anything nearby to that which seems to refer
>> to Ibronka.  Moreover, Paarfi says at the end of Sethra
>> Lavode, written long after any this, that she and Piro are
>> still living.  What am I missing?
>>

> I believe the Ibronka referred to in /Teckla/ is Vlad's grandmother
> (presumably an Easterner), who died in the Revolt of 221.
>
> Bryan

This is correct... As distinct from the Ibronka we know from /VoA/, or
the Ibronka that Vlad dated briefly (/Taltos/, chapter 16, paragraph 109).

See Also:

http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Meta:Dramatis_Personae#I

I'm not certain what female name Ibronka is a Hungar... (er, /Fenarian/)
form of, but I'd imagine it's a pretty common one.