[Dragaera] *slaps head about Tukko* *AGYAR SPOILERS*

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Oct 15 11:49:11 PDT 2008

On 10/15/2008 Alexx Kay wrote:
>  After all the time we recently spent speculating on the nature of the
>  Enclouding, is it much of a stretch to presume that it blocks the
>  properties of sunlight which are so troublesome to vampires?  I can't,
>  offhand, think of any instances of Sethra being shown in non-Enclouded
>  sunlight.
>
>  Or to take another tack: Even if 'normal' Dragaeran vampires have
>  difficulties with sunlight, this *is* Sethra Lavode we're talking about.
>  If anyone could casually come up with the sorcerous equivalent of
>  sunblock 210, she'd be the one.

Our lore isn't 100% consistent - and various authors have picked and
chosen which aspects of various legends are interesting for them to borrow.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire to see various European,
Non-European, and modern styles of vampires.    Huge variations.

It says, the fear of daylight started with Murnau's Nosferatu (1922).