[Dragaera] Vlad's passivity

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Thu Oct 16 12:03:42 PDT 2008

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Steve Rapaport <steve at romlin.com> wrote:
>> You mean a good meal?   LOL  Is that really his motivation?
>
> Yep. He was willing to risk death-by-Morganti for the sake of a good
> meal at Valabar's.

It is true that good food is one of his few constant motivating impulses.
It tends to be a pretty short-term one, but on the other hand, it needs to
be satisfied repeatedly.

> The only other thing I can think of that he has proactively sought is
> the opportunity and skills to kill lots of Dragaerans.

Eh, not so much.  Noish-pa decided to teach him fencing and witchcraft.
His first definite kill was in response to a fairly random assault.  He's
happy to *have* those opportunities and skills, but I don't see evidence
that he seeks them out.

Alexx

Much nastier would be the precedents around telepathic rape, I should think.
 "She was asking for it, your honor -- and yes, I *do* know that for sure
 because, duh, I could read her mind." Nasty.       --The Elder Dan