[Dragaera] Vlad's passivity

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 13:12:09 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Alexx Kay <alexx at panix.com> wrote:
> Eh, not so much.  Noish-pa decided to teach him fencing and witchcraft.
> His first definite kill was in response to a fairly random assault.  He's
> happy to *have* those opportunities and skills, but I don't see evidence
> that he seeks them out.

He practices offscreen. He's got a knife-throwing setup in his
apartment--or had one, when he had an apartment. It's hard to say if
he's as proactive about witchcraft, but he does have a setup in
beneath his office for practicing. He borrowed one of Morrolan's books
about Elder Sorcery, showing a proactive interest in Elder Sorcery,
although unlike with witchcraft he wasn't interested enough to
persevere. I don't think you can argue that Vlad's talent (and hunger)
for killing Dragaerans is the result of passively waiting while
Noish-pa poured fencing knowledge into him--if anything, it appears to
be an acquired talent for intel and detailed planning.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my
brethren, ye have done it unto me."