[Dragaera] speculation on forthcoming books (possible spoilers)

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 20 13:05:22 PDT 2008

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, J C wrote:

> If Cawti doesn't die, I still don't see her and Vlad getting back
> together.  It just doesn't seem right to me.  There's too much between
> them now

There's Lady Teldra, but otherwise I would think the intervening time
has been salutary - Vlad has gotten some exposure to the facts of the
world that Cawti wanted to fight against, and has learned about
responsibility and maturity blah blah, while Cawti has had to face
the truth of Vlad's skepticism about transforming S. Adrilankha from
the bottom up.  _Dzur_ rubs their noses in the need to ask for help
and accept it and shown them their continuing feelings for each other.

I'd think that even just the events of _Phoenix_ sowed the seeds for a
rebirth of their relationship - same re help, and struggling against fate,
and sympathy for those in the ghetto vs. the difficulty of quick change.

And even Lady Teldra might be as much a stile as a fence between them.

The above is rather reductive, but still strikes me as valid.