[Dragaera] Vassals

Konrad Gaertner kgaertner at tx.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 19:36:23 PDT 2008

Jon Lincicum wrote:

>  Add to that the post of Duke of
> Eastmanswatch was evidently not hereditary, even during Adron's time.
> Paarfi says it was appointed by the Emperor and the Duke charged with
> defense of the Eastern border from the villainous heathen Easterners.

I think you might be confusing the Duchy of Eastmanswatch with the
Marquisate of Pepperfields.  And IIRC, the lord of Pepperfields had a
special right to query the Orb, which was why certain people didn't
want Adron to get the title.  Also, in FHYA Adron is referred to as
Baron of Pepperfield hinting that it's no longer as special as it
used to be.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - email: kgaertner at tx.rr.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
         Future Member of Ben Franklin's Undead Pixy Army