[Dragaera] Vlad's passivity--getting long

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Fri Oct 24 06:30:14 PDT 2008

Michael Wojcik:
> Maximilian Wilson wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Alexx Kay <alexx at panix.com> wrote:
>>> Michael Wojcik:
>>>
>>> Vlad goes to the theater for entertainment fairly often, so it must
>>> still
>>> exist.  Several offhand references, and (IIRC) he actually attends a
>>> show
>>> during one book, though he's too distracted by the main plot to
>>> actually
>>> *see* it.
>>
>> And during his exile in /Issola/, he makes a point of discussing with
>> Lady Teldra their situation in light of how it would happen in a
>> theatrical play, ending with "Now you know why I never attend the
>> theatre."
>
> So we know theater exists, and Vlad does and does not partake?

Well, Vlad *says* this, but he is also well known to be full of snark and
irony.  Though he probably doesn't get to see too many good plays while on
the run...

Alexx

If `if' statements had no `then' clauses,
   [Seen on a Nancy Button, www.nancybuttons.com]