[Dragaera] Status of Great Weapons in Empire law

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Oct 24 15:49:22 PDT 2008

On Wed, October 22, 2008 21:31, FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/22/2008 11:20:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> dd-b at dd-b.net writes:
>
>>I don't remember if this is addressed in the books.
>
>>In  the Empire, morganti weapons are extremely highly illegal.
>
> Was it  that  "morganti weapons are extremely highly illegal" or just if
> you used  it to destroy
> someone's soul?   Then they tortured you and fed you to  a  morganti
> weapon.

I believe possession is a capital offense, officially.

> Also maybe it is just "extremely highly illegal" for an Easterner to  have
> one in their possession. Dragaerans seem to have them--regular and  great.
>  They
> use them in war.   Does anybody besides Vlad  seem worried about having
> one
> in their possession?

No examples of morganti weapons used in war come to mind.  You're thinking
of great weapons, right?  But since one of the questions is whether
they're considered the same, we can't use that as a premise.

> Also there could be an exception in the law for Great Weapons because  how
> could you enforce the law.  This exception would work for Vlad too.  Even
> if he
> is an Easterner.

Well, you *could* enforce the law, maybe; it just gets more expensive.
We've been discussing a wizard with a great weapon who got taken out just
recently, after all; we know it's possible.

Seems to me pre-Empire sorcery is illegal, and the same issues apply; that
can be expensive to enforce too.

Yes, there could be an exception in the law.  I'm still asking about
cultural acceptance as well.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info