[Dragaera] Vlad's passivity

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 18:11:14 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Mark Mandel <cracksandshards at gmail.com> wrote:
> That reminds me of his comment to, I think it's Kiera in _Athyra_ -- when
> he's on the run from the Org., anyway, and she comments that they could
> probably trace him by sales of garlic. To which he replies that he'd rather
> die than go without garlic.

Of course, it's not totally frivolous on Vlad's part. It's not that
he's so addicted to garlic or Valabar's that he can't help risking his
life and soul's life to get it--it's that, in Vlad's value-system, if
you let people push you around and stop you from doing what you *want*
to do you've given up your life already. He's made some basic
concessions to reality when there's no choice about it, but with Lady
Teldra in hand he's been able to begin, minimally, living this ethos
again.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my
brethren, ye have done it unto me."