[Dragaera] So I finally finished "Sethra Lavode"...

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 16:08:54 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>
>> get past him to get at Verra. Remember at the Lesser Seas of Chaos in
>> /Issola/ where Blackwand continued to protect Morrolan's soul, even as he
>> lay dead.
>
> This nearly makes an important sequence in _Jhereg_ uncanonical.

How so? Sethra specifically addresses this in the exposition in
/Issola/. She says the Jhereg assassin was lucky, and stupid, and that
Blackwand was still guarding the soul--all consistent with later
events. The events in /Jhereg/ are perfectly canonical.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my
brethren, ye have done it unto me."