[Dragaera] OT:Richard Castle's next book "Heat Wave" to be releasedonline then in print!

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Thu Jul 2 11:35:51 PDT 2009

>FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:
>
>>Anybody have any other favorite fictional authors?

S. Morgenstern.

Before I lost it in a move, I used to have a copy of the hardback of _The
Silent Gondoliers_, which opened with an introduction complaining that,
despite the misconceptions of his publicist and certain "authors" of
abridgments of his work, old does not equate with dead.

It's a great little sentimental story that can easily be imagined to be
true. I remember walking through the stacks at Waldens or wherever, and
doing a double-take at the author's name. I bought it on the spot just
because of that, but I was happy I did after I read it.

The hardback was a limited run, and I've sadly been unable to replace it. It
was re-issued in paperback some years later, with the author clearly listed
as "William Goldman". I bought it anyway but I was very unhappy that they'd
ruined the illusion that the original author of _The Princess Bride_ might
actually exist.