[Dragaera] To Reign in Hell

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 19:59:30 PST 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> Anybody know what the Bible says about Satan being an angel?

Nothing explicit. Aside from the Isaiah reference cited by Dorothy,
the only clear reference is from the vision in Rev. 12.

  7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against
the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
  8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
  9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the
Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out
into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
  10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation,
and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:
for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them
before our God day and night.
  11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word
of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Even here, because of the context you would have trouble making an
ironclad argument that this is referring to past history and not to
future history or allegory.

-Max

--
If you're so evil, eat this kitten!

"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and
desires it, the power and light of truth of the Holy Ghost, although
he may often be left to his own spirit and judgment." --Joseph F.
Smith (manual, p. 69)