[Dragaera] To Reign in Hell

Opher Lubzens flash119is at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 23:19:01 PST 2009

> Anybody know what the Bible says about Satan being an
> angel?
>
> We have so many legends later that True Believers have
> incorporated as true.

I don't know the Christian angle, but in Judaism Satan is considered to be the "chief prosecutor" in heaven, the angel whose job is to accuse mortals and find out their sins and failings. The whole thing relies on the beginning of Job, where it says, in general "And the day came and the Sons of God(implicitly- the angels) came to stand before the Lord, and Satan amongst them". Satan is considered to perform a necessary, if unliked, function, much like the Angel of Death. It's also worth remembering that there are no "fallen angels" in Judaism- Satan and his underlings are as much part of the Hosts of Heaven as any other angel.

Opher Lubzens

"I beat Sauron!" shouts Frodo. "I shouldn't have to fight a giant monkey!"
for more madness, enter Hitherby Dragons: http://rebecca.hitherby.com