[Dragaera] To Reign in Hell

Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood dalton_0907 at gaeacoop.org
Sun Dec 6 01:21:01 PST 2009

That's a useful page. My earlier searches (this subject came up in a
conversation with a friend a few weeks ago) had turned up this page:

http://www.minuteswithmessiah.com/question/fallen.html

This author attributes the idea to Milton's Paradise Lost, but the
Wikipedia article points to "an old popular Canaanite story that the
Morning Star tried to rise high above the clouds and establish himself
on the mountain where the gods assembled, in the far north, but was cast
down into the underworld." This is a story more akin to that of Icarus
(the Morning Star -- Venus -- is the son of the Sun). There are some
very interesting references to Islamic writings, as well.

This Wikipedia article is also quite interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Heaven

--
Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood
Support Steven Brust!