[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 09:09:01 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Brian Vanskyock
<Brian.Vanskyock at zimmer.com> wrote:

> Vlad does not have to necessarily have to use Godslayer's mundane properties (creating holes in the Demon's hide)
>
> V could point out that GS represents incredible power and will go to great lengths (probably) to protect her wielder.
>
> Although this may be a little rude on V's part, and he is trying to have better manners.
>
> Speaking of the aura of power of GS, I did not recall vlad mentioning the reaction of the people when he drew GS.  In contrast, we always get some sort of vivid description from the crowd when black wand is drawn by M, in fact there is usually a description when BW enters the room

I don't have the book in front of me but wanted to respond to this
before it got lost in the countless replies. I distinctly remember a
pretty dramatic crowd reaction when V drew GS. Specifically, someone
yelled out "Morganti!" I may be imagining it, but I think some members
of the crowd also backed off. And, of course, the henchmen about to
nail V hesitated. I thought it was made pretty clear that everyone
noticed when it was drawn. That said, you may have a valid point that
Vlad has said (I believe) that a GW is noticed psychically even
sheathed, but I don't remember the source for that off-hand.

If I still remember when I get home, I'll look up that scene in the book.

> It is possible that GS has not reached the power level of the other weapons
> <shrug> I am having trouble remembering specifics
>

>> Couple questions -
>>
>> When is V going to get pissed off and have Sethra teleport him to the
>> Demon's office for a pointed discussion?
>
> Maybe the Demon could be reasoned with somehow - if Vlad kills off all the
> top guys, the next layer may be only encouraged to eliminate him.

Eugene Z
http://blog.eugenez.net