[Dragaera] Iorich -- It's the small stuff ***SPOILERS****

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 12 15:13:00 PST 2010

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Scott Schultz wrote:

> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 0
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 0
>
> Quick review before I do a re-read to see what I missed:
>
> I liked this story quite a bit. Jhegalla was okay, but the whole torture
> thing...
>
> As always, it's the small things that stand out:
>
> Sethra is NOT Paarfi, though she may be other people that we haven't heard
> of.

Ha, missed that.  But then I don't think Sethra actually being Paarfi is
really consistent with the endmatter of the Piroiad.  (Which I suppose she
might have written herself.)

On the other hand, does Sethra know that Vlad has heard about Paarfi?
Iirc, we've seen Vlad reading him only in unpublished form and publication
of _TPG_ postdates _Iorich_ by fifty years according to the timeline.
The first timeline point for Paarfi I see in 269, still almost twenty
years in the future - maybe this is just an afterthought project for
Sethra at the moment.