[Dragaera] Vlad as an Earth name

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:41:44 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> I wonder why we have so many alien names and one very predominant Earth name?

A large number of Easterner names are Earth names:

Kelly
Franz
Gregory
Jakoub (close enough)
Natalia
Ricard
Ricardo
Sheryl

Thanks, Dragaera Wiki. :)

There's a few new ones in Iorich and some of them are Earth names, too.

I guess a good follow up question, if it hasn't been discussed before,
is WHY the Easterners have managed to keep their Earth names for so
long. The answer probably ties into the same reason they have kept
many other Earth-originating cultural aspects, such as knocking on
doors and Hungarian cooking. :)

Eugene Z
http://blog.eugenez.net