[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:53:01 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Alexx Kay <alexx at panix.com> wrote:

>> Let me put it this way - what's the Vlad-gets-a-dull-shine scenario
>> supposed to look like?  Sethra and Co. meekly accept it and don't take out
>> the Jhereg council and everyone with any connection to it?
>
> Actually, that *is* more-or-less what I would expect.  Vlad created this
> situation himself, with forethought.  "If there were any justice, I'd be
> dead."
>
> Sethra and Vlad both know that the Jhereg *have* to act in the way they
> are acting.  This is made clear as far back as _Jhereg_ -- the Council is
> willing to absorb any amount of incidental losses, but cannot allow
> themselves to ever lose *respect*.  Vlad made them lose face.  If they
> don't kill him for it, Morganti, everyone else gets a little more uppity,
> and the structure of the House eventually falls apart.  (I don't
> necessarily agree with this principle, but it is clear the the Council,
> and Vlad himself, *do*.)

Vlad says he has an idea to maybe make things right. What happens if
they kill Vlad, Morganti, in a sufficiently public way to leave no
doubt that he was killed Morganti... and then Vlad turns up alive
again anyway because of Lady Teldra? Does the Council still lose face?

"Sure, go ahead and threaten the House representative, if you think
you're tough enough to survive a Morganti blade to the heart."

Obviously it depends on other factors too, like whether the Council
head (the Demon) has an incentive to make peace (the Empress is
leaning on him?), but this might give him a plausible way out.

-Max

--
If you're so evil, eat this kitten!

"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a
man the right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and
desires it, the power and light of truth of the Holy Ghost, although
he may often be left to his own spirit and judgment." --Joseph F.
Smith (manual, p. 69)