[Dragaera] Iorich ***SPOILERS****

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Thu Jan 14 08:57:42 PST 2010

>(This raises a different question:  are there now 18 GW's?  Seems to me I
>recall Vlad saying in Jhereg that it was common knowledge there were 17,
>but Lady Teldra had not yet been created.)

Godslayer is one of the Seventeen. Vlad references the legends of it early
on in the series. The fact that it didn't actually exist yet is one of those
tricks of tricks of time that the Serioli tried to describe as "is/was/will
be" and likely a result of the whole business of the Lords of Judgement
disassembling it but being unable to destroy it outright. (Maybe sending the
parts into the past and/or other universes for safe-keeping. We don't know
where the knife or the chain came from.)

How could there be legends if the blade hadn't yet been created? *shrug*
Prophecy, time travel, info from the Paths, divination, the continual
creation/destruction of it as it suits the purposes of the Lords of
Judgement. Take your pick or make up your own explanation.