[Dragaera] not really a spoiler, i don't think...

Steve Rapaport steve.rapaport at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:19:49 PST 2010

There are equally simple mundane explanations for the outgoing houses being
more powerful.

1.  Institutional inertia.  The "Phoenix Guards" will remain mostly Phoenix
in a Dragon reign (present case excepted).  Whatever advantages the Phoenix
courtiers and civil servants and institutions secured for themselves in the
Phoenix reign will not vanish overnight.

2.  Political inertia.  Part of a politician's job is to set up leverage for
himself for future deals, and not all of that leverage will depend on the
current state of the cycle or who is Emperor at the moment.

3. Public thinking.  Even if the public is fickle, and willing to forget all
about Phoenixes and start respecting Dragons, the automatic respect they
taught their kids for Phoenixes won't go away overnight either.

\Steve the Younger

--
\Steve