[Dragaera] not really a spoiler, i don't think...

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:00:47 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Ray Lee <ray at madrabbit.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Eugene Zaretskiy <eugene.zar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. While the power of incoming houses has been visibly demonstrated in
>> the books, to my knowledge, none of the three points you bring up
>> about outgoing houses have been.
>
> I believe Athyra was the previous house on the throne, correct? If so
> -- thematically speaking, at least -- Loraan's state in the book
> _Athyra_ perhaps echoes the house. Once here, once strong, then left
> this plane ( / throne ) only to still be hanging around after death,
> still surprisingly strong.

Interesting thematic observation. It's too weak to support Steve's
explanations, however. Is Loraan's state ever tied to the Cycle? I
don't recall anything like that, but if it's there, that would help.
Even so, there would need to be specific mentions of why Loraan
maintained this power as a result of his house's position in the Cycle
in order to be able to tie it back to supporting the "mundane Cycle"
theory.

As with most things, the answer probably lies somewhere in-between. I
feel like the gods should play into this somehow, and would that be
supernatural or mundane? The gods of Dragaera are surprisingly
mundane. Anyway, I have some thoughts on this but I need to reread a
few of the books to be able to be more certain. Been a while since I
touched some of the older books...

--
Eugene Z
http://blog.eugenez.net