[Dragaera] not really a spoiler, i don't think...

Lydy Nickerson lydy at demesne.com
Tue Jan 19 16:13:30 PST 2010

Eugene Zaretskiy wrote:

> So, the houses on the "incoming" side of the top of the Cycle being
> powerful makes sense, from a mundane perspective. Dragon is the most
> powerful house, after Phoenix, because they are next in line and
> everyone wants to please them. Less so for the next house and so on.
> But using this "mundane Cycle" explanation does not satisfactorily
> explain the houses on the "outgoing" side being powerful, which lends
> some credit to the "supernatural" theory.

Houses on the outgoing side have just had the Imperium to play with.
They will have made political appointments, passed laws, and generally
messed with the structure to advantage their house.  It will take time
to undo those things, and some of them will not be undone.  It seems to
me natural that the outgoing houses would retain some significant
Imperial power because of their previous control over the infrastructure.