[Dragaera] not really a spoiler, i don't think...

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:53:50 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Alexx Kay <alexx at panix.com> wrote:
> Quoting myself: "It seems likely that, in at least some cases, there is
> more than one consecutive ruler from the same House. 4,913 years is longer
> than the (natural) Dragaeran lifespan, and undead aren't allowed to hold
> office."

Ah, but "(natural)" is the key qualifier there. We simply don't know
what forms of life extension are available to non-undead Dragaerans.
Even putting aside Sethra (who was known to be hundreds of thousands
of years old but was not known to be undead until recently), isn't it
mentioned in Yendi that the Sorceress in Green is over 20,000 years
old? Perhaps some Emperors/Empresses were sorcerers, or even witches
like Laszlo. And there's the Orb to consider as well. For all we know
it could prevent aging completely and NO reigning Emperors ever die of
old age.

-Max

--
"When people are married, instead of trying to get rid of each other,
reflect that you have made your choice, and strive to honour and keep

If you're so evil, eat this kitten!