[Dragaera] not really a spoiler, i don't think...

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Thu Jan 21 14:58:25 PST 2010

(Checks Timeline...) Actually, _Taltos_, pages 96-97 in the paperback.

>>How does that work with split reigns - and how much time has the current
>>reign have left?
>
> We have almost no data on split reigns, other than that of
> Tortaalik/Zerika, which is, obviously, a very special case.

Quoting myself: "It seems likely that, in at least some cases, there is
more than one consecutive ruler from the same House. 4,913 years is longer
than the (natural) Dragaeran lifespan, and undead aren't allowed to hold
office."

> In terms of Zerika IV, it's not entirely clear if her reign continues that
> of Tortaalik's in The Cycle, or if her possession of the Orb has to be
> counted separately. We know (based on Paarfi's dating) that she is still
> Empress in 309PI (Which is more than the minimum 289 years that a reign
> requires) but has apparently passed on the crown by 415PI to Norathar.
> Alexx's timeline has the dates more exactly than I do, but it's not
> entirely clear what the exact date of Zerika's abdication is. Somewhere
> within that window, though.

I'm curious where the 415 PI number comes from, if you happen to know.  If
there's a good source, I ought to include it in the Timeline.

Alexx

"I can't help feeling wary when I hear anything said about the
 masses.  First you take their faces from 'em by calling 'em the
 masses and then you accuse 'em of not having any faces."
    -- J. B. Priestley