[Dragaera] Sleep cycles

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Jan 22 10:26:40 PST 2010

On Fri, January 22, 2010 11:54, Khymaera wrote:
> It depends on the person.

Now you're going and introducing reality into our fantasy world!

> I find when I am off work (vacation ...or worse) I
> tend to stay functional until about the 20-22 hour mark before I get tired
> and need to sleep. It's often a struggle for me to sleep after being awake
> 16 hours, I'm just not tired. And before anyone screams 'cut down your
> caffeine intake!', I have. I make it a point to avoid ALL
> caffeine/stimulant
> sources after 2pm, just so I can try sleep around midnight.

A couple of times I've suspected caffeine may have kept me from sleeping.
But usually I can have a coke or a mug of tea just before bed as part of
the process of winding down and getting ready to stop doing stuff.  I
don't drink much caffeine -- couple of cokes and maybe some tea in a
typical day.  Nothing happens if I miss a few days (no headaches or
anything), and I drop to sleep very quickly nearly all the time.

I find I get an energy peak just about when I should be going to bed most
days.  I think a 28 or so hour day might work very well for me.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info