[Dragaera] Sleep cycles

Steve Rapaport steve.rapaport at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 08:33:35 PST 2010

I don't have anything to contribute to this that hasn't been said already
except for the personal anecdote.

My friend Cary was in a unique position during our university work term to
try out the 28-hour sleep cycle, and he did.  He had a programming job that
didn't require supervision, he had keys to the office and permission to be
there late at night.   He had no social engagements except a regular pub
night on Thursdays.

So he'd go to work first thing 8am Monday morning, work 18 hours, come home
and sleep 8.  Tuesday he's in to work at noon, works another 18 hours, comes
home etc.  Thursday morning he wakes up at the crack of sunset, showers,
goes to the pub, enjoys himself for a while, then heads into work.  (He's
not a drinker).

By Monday morning he's wrapped back around to 8am, having had no Sunday at
all and a 6-day week.

He did this for a good part of the summer, and he said it worked fine for
him.

--
\Steve