[Dragaera] _Iorich_ plot criticism (spoilers!)

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Mon Jan 25 07:13:48 PST 2010

>> Miguel Aja wrote:
>> >
>> > I might have missed or misremembered something, but I thought in the
>> end
>> > what got Aliera released was an accusation of conspiracy against the
>> Jhereg,
>> > for suggesting her arrest. That would be backed by the testimony of
>> the
>> Orb.
>> > Pains were also taken for the Jhereg representative not to be able to
>> walk
>> > in and interfere with this, right?
>>
>> The conspiracy was suggesting Aliera as the scapegoat *and* then
>> trying to assassinate Caltho.
>
> Correct. Which backs my point that Mr Kay's suspicion of Aliera's
> implication being Verra's idea is either unfounded, or she has means to
> jerk
> the Jhereg around. Which is not impossible, but certainly unlikely...

I don't think it particularly likely myself.  But it occurs to me that we
have evidence of Verra sending dreams to people which influence their
behavior.  And some evidence (_Dzur_, p.240) that she can sometimes be
subtle enough about it that they don't realize they're being influenced.

Alexx

"Where do we keep all our chainsaws, mom?"      -- Calvin