[Dragaera] _Iorich_ plot criticism (spoilers!)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:12:19 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Damien Sullivan
<phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 03:46:38PM -0600, Konrad Gaertner wrote:
>> Alexx Kay wrote:
>> >
>> > loads of spoilers below
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> Oooooh.... I like this.  Also, Vlad now thinks he might have a way
>> to get the Jhereg off his back.  Maybe he's looking for a way to
>> use the financial mess to put himself in a position where his death
>> would cause more harm to the Jhereg than his continued existence?
>
> Oh, the Mellar-Dzur strategy, applied to the Jhereg.  Nice.

Is that irony, Damien? The Jhereg showed pretty conclusively with
Mellar that a little short-term financial ruin is less concern to them
than the long-term destruction of their business model. I.e. no amount
of financial damage is worth the permanent loss of face of letting
someone get away with ripping them off.

-Max

--
"When people are married, instead of trying to get rid of each other,
reflect that you have made your choice, and strive to honour and keep

If you're so evil, eat this kitten!