[Dragaera] Teleport Shipping

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 27 10:18:15 PST 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Philip Hart wrote:

> In related news, I looked a bit at _The Enchantress of Dzur Mountain_ and it
> appears I was wrong about bulk transport just after the interregnum. The
> third paragraph of Chapter 79 says so explicitly.
>
> So either there's other textev (I seem to recall a discussion somewhere about
> the abilities of the new orb, which might provide support) or I have to
> withdraw the whole thing.

_Phoenix_, pg. 117, Verra to Vlad on post-interregnum sorcery:
"Teleportation on such a level that some fear it will replace trade by
ship and road."

This conversation is about skills learned when there was no orb - I seem
to recall another that suggested the improvements were because the orb had
changed, but probably that's in the Piroiad and describes an earlier time.

I think the above means that cargo teleportation is at least slightly
cheaper but faces too established a market to take over immediately or
even at all.