[Dragaera] Teleport Shipping

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 27 15:14:50 PST 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Bryan Newell wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Philip Hart wrote:

> the dangerously-close-to-vaporware Release 2 of my Map

This is unfortunate.

> Down river, that works out to a little over 100 miles per day (I don't know
> enough about barges and rivers to say whether that is reasonable or not).

Locks?  Portages/places where one has to transfer to a different barge
system?

I think the competition between barges and rail was important during the
industrial revolution, which is by analogue a fairly important theme in
the Texts; maybe SKZB had something like this discussion in mind.