[Dragaera] Teleport Shipping

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 28 13:09:47 PST 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Damien Sullivan wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 09:27:46AM -0800, Philip Hart wrote:
>
>>>  Same if you have a spot of "work to do: difficult to revive someone
>>> whose brains are a thin smear on the pavement.
>>
>> Vlad fears this in _Dzur_.
>
> Huh, don't remember that.

In the showdown with the LH I think he mentions that he's vulnerable to
this despite LT.

>> Vlad says in _Phoenix_ he doesn't believe it's possible to teleport
>> someone involuntarily.
>
> Though I wonder why not.  You can mess it up by moving?  He's thinking
> of Dragaerans who can mess it up by blatting energy around, even if they
> don't know other sorcery?  Though Savn wouldn't have known that.

Savn?

Somewhere in the Piroiad we see Morrolan teleport and are told that he's
in two places at once (for several seconds [?!?]) and has to allow himself
not to be in the original one to complete the action.

Just occurs to me that we have some textev about sorcerous power in the
section of _TLoCB_ where Tazendra lifts what will be _CB_.

Vlad does step out from a teleport somewhere - end of _Phoenix_, I think,
under maybe not relevant circumstances if so.