[Dragaera] Jhereg genetics

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Feb 1 12:43:44 PST 2010

On Mon, February 1, 2010 11:10, Howard Brazee wrote:
> On 2/1/2010 9:59 AM, Ken Koester wrote:
>>> I'm a bit surprised that Vlad hasn't tried to fake his own
>>> >

>> Well. . . he's not Raven, after all (-:
>>
>> More seriously, I think it would be tough to satisfy the Jhereg that the
>> fake was real.

> He might fake his death for a short term goal.    But it's not a useful
> trick if he wants to do anything except hide out the rest of his life.

And it seems to me he's called on to do things that risk being detected
briefly fairly often.  The risk is small if the timing isn't predictable,
I believe is his thinking, they won't have constant monitoring and an
attack ready to unleash the moment he's detected.  However, such detection
a time or two would completely ruin the illusion of his being dead,
permanently.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info