[Dragaera] [Orca spoiler] Rereading Taltos...

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Feb 8 08:23:43 PST 2010

On Sun, February 7, 2010 00:19, Jerry Friedman wrote:

> Well, if Kiera was Sethra in the RPG, that settles it.
> Were you one of the players?  Or did you hear that from
> one of them?

It's not that simple.  There was the original Piara, which went through
some evolution along the way, and then Steven ran a Dragaeran RPG that
also went through some evolution and at least one time jump.  Some player
characters from Piara became gods in Dragaera (like Vlad and Aliera).  And
then the world was changed a lot (not just names) when Steven started
writing about it.

And this many years into the future, with my memory being gradually eroded
by what's in the books, I don't consider myself a reliable source on most
of what went on even when I was involved (Steven's Dragaera campaign).
Probably other players have better memories, or at least more confidence.
I don't remember there being a Kiera involved when I was playing, but I
advise against considering my lack of memory definitive.

Yikes; Google spelling test:  piara dragaera returns 8 hits.  piarra
dragaera returns *17* hits.  I guess that's pretty clear then.  (Except it
isn't).  (had to include "dragaera" because there are too many hits on
both spellings of piara that appear unrealted.)

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info