[Dragaera] Orca Reconsideration 1

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Feb 8 14:52:54 PST 2010

Vlad's specific use of the word "stash" suggested to me that he expected
them to be sent "elsewhere". I seem to recall (perhaps incorrectly) that a
teleport block was in place, so teleporting Savn and Mother to safety was
not an option. (The question of Sethra being strong enough to break the
block, notwithstanding.) I imagined it as a "bag of holding", but
essentially he directly implied the necromantic gate option to put them in
another world temporarily. I think Sethra acknowledges this when she ticks
of her reasoning that Kiera couldn't be expected to "stash" anyone anywhere
at all.

This was also the impression I took away for Icewind's location. No
particular textev about it, just something in Vlad and Sethra's conversation
that suggested to me once again the "bag of holding" scenario. Iceflame
wasn't actually there, but it was somewhere "nearby" from whence it could be
summoned at a moment's notice, whether it was a "pocket universe" or the
Universe Next Door.